About the event
The Murrow College at Washington State University is delighted to host the virtual 45th Murrow Symposium on March 30-31, 2021! We encourage you to check out the full schedule of panels and events when you register. Until then, here are some notable Symposium highlights:
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Tuesday, March 30 at 5 p.m. PST. NBC’s Lester Holt will receive his award virtually. Registration for this event begins Wednesday (with the general Symposium registration). The event will also be streamed via YouTube on Murrow College’s page.
- Hall of Achievement Awards: Wednesday, March 31 at noon PST. Murrow alums Mark Wright and Janie McCauley will receive this year’s HOA award.
- Fireside Chat with Lester Holt: Wednesday, March 31 from 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. PST. Dean Bruce Pinkleton and WSU President Kirk Schulz will have a sit-down conversation/Q&A with Lester Holt.
- Murrow Minds Showcase: Wednesday, March 31 from 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. PST. Learn about all the exciting, innovative work Murrow College faculty are up to and what Murrow students are learning! Faculty and grad students will conduct 15-minute sessions showcasing their research and curriculum. Stay tuned for a schedule of the various Murrow Minds sessions.
- Save the Free Press panel: Tuesday, March 30 from 2 p.m. – 3 p.m. PST. Hear from Frank Blethen, Joaquin Alvarado, and Ryan Blethen from The Seattle Times in this insightful panel discussion.
- Virtual Happy Hour at The Coug: Wednesday, March 31 from 5 p.m. PST – TBD. Since we can’t all be in Pullman for this year’s Symposium, we’re bringing The Coug to you! Join us for a casual virtual happy hour brought to you by The Coug. Make yourself a drink, catch up with fellow Murrow alums, and celebrate the conclusion of another fantastic Murrow Symposium event.