About the event
The Career Expo is a great way to connect with employers for internships and full-time opportunities! We expect over 200 employers looking to network with students of all majors! This event is held once per semester and is an opportunity for you to present yourself professionally in person to a potential employer, while showcasing your communication skills. The keys to a successful job fair experience are preparation and follow up. Here is a checklist to help you get prepared:
- Research the list of participating employers through Handshake
- Attend some workshops offered through the ASCC prior to the fair
- Get your resume reviewed during the ASCC drop in hours Monday-Friday 2:00 – 4:00 pm in Lighty 180
- Prepare your 30 second introduction
- Make sure you have a suit, padfolio, and several copies of your resume
- Don’t forget to ask employers for their business cards at the fair so you can follow up with thank-you notes.