About the event
While COVID-19 has changed a lot of our day-to-day activities, one thing remains the same: Blood donation is an essential health care activity and we need your help to make sure patients in our community have the blood they need! Join us for the WSU Blood Drive by appointment only on Thursday, April 9 at The Student Recreation Center from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Schedule your appointment at myinbc.org or call 877-258-4825 for more information. Free parking will be available at the Student Recreation Center during the drive.
Amidst novel coronavirus (COVID-19) prevention measures, Vitalant and other blood centers nationwide are urging healthy individuals to donate blood to ensure patients have the lifesaving blood they need. Your donation will help keep our local hospitals at a healthy level of blood and blood products to meet the needs of the patients.
Vitalant is doing the following to keep donors and staff safe:
- Vitalant will provide pre-screening as well as ask presenting donors health and travel history questions before entrance is allowed.
- Any donors showing signs or symptoms are asked not to donate.
- We may ask you to leave a mobile phone number and wait in your car until your turn is called.
- We are discouraging other visitors from entering. Donations are made by appointment only.
- Our safety protocols include wearing gloves and wiping down donor-touched and other high-touch areas often and after each collection.
You should NOT donate if you’re not feeling well or if in the past 4 weeks:
- You have been outside of the United States (including Hawaii or Alaska) or traveled via cruise ship
- You have lived with or been in close contact with individuals diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID-19 infection
- You have been diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID-19 infection
We deeply appreciate those who support the critical public health need of a safe and available blood supply. For more information or to make an appointment please visit Vitalant.org or call 877-258-4825.