Lewis Alumni Center, Pullman, WA 99164
About the event
Forrest Parkay, 1944-2019
An open memorial service will be held for our friend and colleague Forrest Parkay.
Monday, September 23, 2019
Lewis Alumni Centre
Pullman, WA 99164
- Born in Normal, Illinois
- Undergrad and Master’s in English at University of Illinois
- Taught high school English for eight years at DuSable HS in Chicago’s inner city while also getting his Ph.D. at the University of Chicago.
- Southwest Texas State University (now called Texas State), 1978-1983.
- University of Florida, 1983-1991.
- Began work at WSU in 1991 and “retired” in 2017 (“retired” because, let’s be honest, he never entirely quit working).
- Faithful to his workout routine and a runner for many years.
- Voracious reader.
- And, most importantly, father of four daughters.
Cat Parkay (with help from Arlene Parkay) firstname.lastname@example.org