About the event
Presented by Shawn Ringo and Jason Sampson with WSU Environmental Health & Safety
Please join us for a lab safety seminar presented by representatives from the WSU Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) office. Topics to be discussed include:
- Basic understanding of how viruses spread and controls to reduce transmission
- Chemical and dangerous waste management, with an introduction to resources to assist with safely managing chemical waste.
- Hazard identification and the hierarchy of hazard controls.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) selection, considerations and criteria.
- Applying inherently Safer Design principles to process safety.
- Accident prevention.