About the event
Attention Must Be Paid: Women Lost in the Opioid Crisis
In America’s deadliest drug epidemic, women get the short end of the stick.
For more information and to watch the trailer, click here.
Attendees may choose to attend the screening in person or virtually.
- Doors Open/Check-In: 5:00-5:30 pm (Dinner & beverages provided)
- Screening and dinner: 5:30-6:45 pm
- Panel Discussion: 6:45-7:15 pm (virtual or in-person)
Debra Gonsher Vinik, PhD, is a film producer, writer and director who has produced and written 21 documentaries, including six Emmy winners. Dr. Gonsher Vinik’s newest feature film, Attention Must Be Paid: Women Lost in the Opioid Crisis, explores the stories of women who are battling opioid use disorder (OUD) and are casualties of this neglect.
- Celestina Barbosa-Leiker, PhD, Vice Chancellor for Research, WSU Spokane
- Debra Gonsher Vinik, PhD, Producer & Director, Diva Communications, Inc.
- Rosa Maldonado, Featured in documentary
- Hendree Jones Lensch, PhD, Dept. of Obstetrics & Gynecology, School of Medicine, UNC-Chapel Hill